Concerns about a charity

What can I do if I have a complaint or concern about a charity?

In most cases you should complain to the charity first. They’ll normally want to hear about your concerns in order to fix the problem.

If the complaint is about fundraising and you’re not happy with their response, you can contact the Fundraising Regulator.

If you have a serious concern about how a charity is being run, you should report it to the Charity Commission. This could be that the charity isn’t doing what it says it is, that it’s harming people, or that it’s being used for personal profit.

If you think someone is fraudulently imitating a charity or you have concerns about criminality, you should contact the police.